January 2020 – Here We Come!
The start of a brand new year 2020 – this is a wonderful time to reflect on what we really want in life, why we want it, and how will it enhance our lives. Here at Bowerland this is our focus for the year!
I don’t know about you, but when I really think about it I have a huge list of things I want to do, and changes I want to make. But to actually make these changes happen seems impossible at times. I don’t really know why. Perhaps I am not organised enough, or perhaps I don’t write everything down that I want to achieve. Or it could be that I am focusing on things that are unachievable. I am not sure why, but somehow my wishes and dreams stay that way, as wishes and dreams, and don’t always materialise into changes.
A fresh start
But at the beginning of January, as we have the opportunity to make a fresh start to a new decade, now is the time to make it happen. And to start with, to actually make it happen, we need to be focusing on setting goals. Without achievable goals and a clear plan on how to reach them, you may fail. Goal setting is a means of turning your wishes and dreams into actions and reality, so let’s go for it. We are all striving for achievement in one way or another, and goal setting is a key way on how to achieve our desires.
Here are my top tips for 2020:
I hope they work for you as much as they work for me!
- Look at setting both short term and long term goals. Writing down your goals gives you direction and a clear path to follow. Goal setting helps you to focus on the most important things in your life.
- Set goals that you are passionate about, and that will help you grow into the person you want to be.
- Make sure the goals you set are SMART – specific, measurable, achievable, relevant to you and in a realistic timeframe.
- Reach for the moon – aim big. Break your big goals down into small steps.
- Break out of your comfort zone, decide on what it is you want and why you want it.
- Work on your goals every single day.
Next week we will start to look at how to set goals in more detail. Read more of my Monday Motivation blogs HERE.