It’s All About the Balance
Begin Each Day with Happiness and End Each Day with Forgiveness.
Happiness in Life Begins and Ends within your Heart ~ Doe Zantamata
What does it mean to you to feel Balanced? For me it means feeling calm, peaceful, and in touch with others, with just the right amount of things to do without feeling overwhelmed. When I feel balanced I don’t feel pulled or pushed in any one direction. Instead I feel motivated and at one with the world around me.
Internal and External
There are 2 main elements that help you to feel that you are in a good place in life. These are the external and internal elements and both need to feel stable, without focusing more on one element than the other. Sometimes external elements appear to take over our lives. Things like our relationships and our jobs and tasks seem to take priority and we forget to focus on how we feel inside. Other times we are too self-reflective and self-absorbed and forget to actually take part in what is going on all around us.
Listen out for the signs that show you that perhaps you haven’t got the balance quite right:
- You have a long to do list, but you don’t actually seem to be able to tick anything off
- You feel stressed, fatigued and worn out
- You don’t seem to have a true focus or purpose in life anymore
- You feel lost, overwhelmed and out of sync
Here are my top 5 tips to help you to stay balanced in your life:
- Take stock – take a deep breath and acknowledge that you cannot do everything you want to do all at once. You have limited resources, limited time and limited energy.
- Start Journal writing – at the end of each day (or the beginning of the next day) take the time to write how you are feeling, what your concerns are, and what you feel grateful about.
- Set yourself Goals and Targets that are realistic, not a wish list. Prioritise your goals, break them down into achievable steps and focus on achieving between 1-3 of these tasks each day, no more.
- Set time aside for yourself every day ideally for 30 minutes or more. In that time do something just for you, something that helps you to feel good. A walk in the fresh air, a rest on the bed, reading a book, anything that feels right for you.
- Connect and communicate with someone who uplifts you, someone you can be yourself with, someone to share your thoughts and ideas with. It is really important that we have someone to communicate with. Someone we can be ourselves with, someone close to us.
Life is a Journey, not a Destination – make sure your journey is the right one for you.
And make sure you enjoy it, there’s no point in looking back in regret. Instead look around you and discover what is in your life right now. Life is far too short to hold grudges or regrets. There is so much joy and anticipation ahead of you. Who knows what delights the next day might bring!
I hope you find these tips and thoughts helpful. Read more of my Monday Motivation Blogs HERE.