Intentions for 2021 by Carole Langman
With the new year fast approaching, our thoughts turn to our hopes and dreams for 2021. This is a wonderful time of year to think about the life you want to live, to review your values and attitudes and see yourself as the person you want to be. And even though we have all experienced a very different year in 2020, this is a great time to look ahead, to set out your stall and become that person. With that in mind, now is a good time to set our intentions for 2021.
Here are my top tips to get you started:
- Review the past year – both wins and losses.
- Think about your achievements and lessons you have learnt throughout the year and what you want to focus on in 2021.
- Describe your core values:
- what matters most to you?
- how do you manage yourself?
- what is your attitude is towards the key areas of your life? (e.g. honesty, integrity, creativity, courage.)
- What is your vision and what do you want to happen?
- Think about the future and break it down into terms of 3 months; 12 months; 3 years; and 5 years.
- Set out your goals and plans, write them down to help to give you direction
- Think about what it is you want; and the reason why you want it and then finally, how you will go about achieving it.
- Then finally – Make it happen!
After all, unless you work on your goals and plans every single day, unless you consistently are focused and are fired with inspiration, you will not achieve them.
As Mahatma Gandhi said “A man is the sum of his actions, of what he has done.”
Next week we will look at ways to help you to set out your goals and plans into achievable steps. Read more of my Monday Motivation blogs HERE.