Easy Steps to Improve Energy Flow
Have you ever explored the concept of energy and energy flow in your life? Have you ever thought about your energy flow? Do you even know how to attend to your energy? I have recently been reading up about energy clearing, how to clear out and de-clutter.
Check out Barbara Moore’s book, the Modern Guide to Energy Clearing
Barbara explains that clearing out your energy is fundamentally the same as you do in all areas of your life. Your house, your work area, your garden. If you didn’t clear things out, it would be very difficult to refresh and renew. Think how hard it would be to plant seeds or young seedlings into a stoney, uncultivated or unprepared ground. If there are rocks, weeds, and clay like soil it would be very hard for your new plants to survive.
If you try to apply the same principles, the same methods, to your energy levels you will be surprised at what you can achieve. If you examine what is residing within you, and what needs decluttering and getting rid of, you are halfway there! Just imagine how much of other people’s energy we collect as we go through life. For example, how their thoughts, and how their emotions ‘stick’ with you. Their energy affects you, of course it does.
There are numerous ways you can clear stagnated energy
You can choose the ways that suit you best. Just think about how you want to release unwanted energy, but remember that you need to be focused and on track to do so. Here are my suggestions, that have helped me:
- Movement and Motion – do something physical such as walking, swimming, dancing. Or even yoga. Find a great way to move your energy around and break up any stagnant energy.
- Sound – think about listening or making music, drumming, making any sort of noise, gongs, bells, clapping or what about a singing bowl? These will all help if you feel slow and lethargic. Create sound, wake up your energy!
- Water – there are numerous ways in which you can clear out your energy levels using water. Obviously washing, soaking in an aromatherapy bath, using essential oils such as rosemary or clary sage. You could even place a crystal in water and let it infuse the water with the energy from the crystal.
- Fire – one of the best ways to use fire is to write down the energy you want to clear on paper, then burn the paper in a safe container, and perhaps bury the ashes in the ground to make it even more effective. You could also of course burn candles, which is also very therapeutic.
- Air – using air as a means of burning sage is a great way to clear out energy from any rooms you use. Light the end of a bundle of sage, let it glow for a short while until there is an ember, then blow it out. The end of the bundle should be glowing red. Move this around yourself, around the room, around your space.
- Earth – this is one of my favourite ways, and I find it so easy. Earth is good for settling chaotic energy and gathering it together so it is easier to release. Get grounded. I love to use crystals and have them dotted around the house. You could also keep one in your pocket so you can touch it whenever you need grounding.
Pick one or two that appeals to you
Don’t force yourself to do something that you don’t fancy, or are not drawn to. There are other ways of course, things we do as a matter of fact. Such as being organised and clear. So at the end of every day, or every week depending on your time, clear your emails, clear your computer, and your desktop. Clear your actual physical work space and always try to use a daily to do list. Don’t let thoughts just linger, blocking up your mind. Write them down, keep them organised.
Look out for more about energy clearing and how it can refresh your life. Start by using some of the methods above. The next step will be looking at how to contain the energy you have, and how do you grow it. Watch this space!
Check out more of my Monday Motivation Blogs HERE.