Ideas for your Spring Bucket List
The Spring Equinox is here and new life is all around us. When you next go outside, take a moment to look around you and see what you can spot. I bet you’ll see new growth everywhere! Flowers are blooming, green shoots are appearing on trees and shrubs, and the days are getting longer with more sunny days to enjoy.
What new and exciting things we can do at this very special season, Springtime?
Now’s a good time to start your Spring Bucket List. Think about all the things you would like to be doing now that the weather is improving, lockdown is almost over, and Spring is in the air.
Here are my suggestions:
- Prepare your ground and plant some seeds. Anything from spring veg, to flowers. If you’re anything like me and you aren’t so good at indoor preparation, wait until the last of the frost before planting directly into the ground.
- My favourite veg planting for this time of year are broad beans, beetroot, cabbages, spinach, radishes and rocket.
- As for flowers, I just love starting with marigolds, poppies and sunflowers. There are an abundance of seeds to choose from… check out your local plant store or nursery.
- Take a good look at what is in your wardrobe, did you get chance to do any spring cleaning following last week’s blog? If so, your winter clothes will be set aside and you’re ready to focus on your spring and summer wardrobe. Pick out your key favourite pieces and decide if there is any other items that would boost your spring look. Go online, check out what’s new, and make your purchase, you don’t have to wait for the shops to open.
- Check out the bird life outside. If you have your own outside space, hang a new bird feeder or clean out your old one, and invest in a bird bath. It is really entertaining watching the birds and what they get up to.
- Have an outside tea party or go on a picnic (as soon as restrictions are lifted). Invite your best friends for tea and cake and to celebrate Spring.
- Invent a new smoothie or a new recipe to give you energy and to start your day with a bang. My favourite smoothies are using one cup of fruit, a handful of spinach or kale, half a cup of greek yoghurt and some liquid – try it for yourself, see how you go.
Whatever is on your Spring Bucket List make sure you shrug off the winter blues, and leap forward into the Spring sunshine! No’s a great time to look ahead and make your plans for 2021.
Read more of my Monday Motivation Blogs HERE.