Holywell & Crantock Beach Walk
Start and Finish: Holywell Bay Car Park (Map)
This 30 minute dog friendly walk takes you across the beautiful sandy beach of Holywell Bay, before returning through the towering dunes. This walk also offers amazing views of the Penhale and Kelseys headlands, as well as the twin offshore islands of Carter’s Rocks. And it’s only an hour away from us here at Bowerland!!
This beautiful golden sandy beach backed by grass tufted dunes is a perfect example of the north coast’s wide open bays large enough for everyone to enjoy. An ideal place to just sit on the beach and read a good book while the kids play in the stream or enjoy the waves.
- From the car park, cross the road and follow the path to the beach.
- Wade through the shallow stream. If you don’t wish to get your feet wet you can cross a nearby footbridge to access the dunes.
- Keeping left of the dunes, stay on the level part of the beach and follow round to the main beach.
- You will pass the Surf Life Saving Club building, which was once dressed up for the Bond movie, “Die Another Day.”
- Continue along the beach for a few hundred metres before cutting inland up into the dunes where you see some wooden steps.
- This takes you to the line of the coast path.
- Follow this wider path, marked with wooden posts, back to the start.
Catch more of our Wednesday Walks HERE