Holiday Minty Treats
Here’s a great recipe for Minty Treats that freshens your dog’s breath and also leaves a pleasant aroma in your treat bag!! Thanks to lolathepitty.com for inspiring this recipe.
- 180g buckwheat flour
- 4 Tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon pure honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Water (approx. 1-3 tsp)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a large bowl, mix together the buckwheat flour, parsley and mint leaves together until combined
- Whisk together the olive oil and honey in a small bowl.
- Pour the olive oil and honey mixture into the flour and stir.
- Add the egg and stir until well combined.
- Knead the dough with your hands to thoroughly mix the ingredients together. Add a teaspoon of water at a time to help the dough come together. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to about 0.5 cm thick.
- Cut into small bone shapes with cookie dough cutter, or by hand.
- Place biscuits onto a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
Keep in an airtight container in the fridge and use for training or to add to your dog’s dinner!
We are always looking for new ideas
We hope your dog enjoys this week’s minty treat recipe. Please feel free to share your own – write to us HERE! Check out more of Kelly’s Tuesday Dog Treats recipes HERE, and see our Training Events Schedule HERE.