Hearty Cake for Training Treats
This week we’re using chicken hearts, eggs and a little flour to make some hearty cake training treats for your dogs.
- 100g Chicken hearts
- Flour (to be added gradually to get the right consistency)
- 2 eggs
How to make:
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Pop the chicken hearts and eggs into a blender and blitz until smooth
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and gradually add flour a little at a time and mix with a fork
- The consistency you are looking for is sticky and slightly sloppy
- Pour the mixture out onto a baking sheet that is lined with baking parchment
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven, allow to cool
- Once cool, using a pizza cutter to chop the hearty cake up into some pieces ready for your training sessions!
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. Previously she worked in the Bowerland office, but moved to Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.