Gratitude and Kindness
The really important thing to remember is that you want to enhance your mood, you can help yourself by remembering the good times and the good feelings you had in the past. You can make sure you enjoy your present happy moments to the full, make sure you especially savour those joyful moments. It is always good as well to anticipate future events that you are really looking forward to.
Take a look below and see if any of my tips work for you:
- Personal Inventory. Take stock of where you are at this moment in your life.
- Remember the things that make you feel good. And be mindful of the things that have the opposite effect.
- Be aware of anything that lifts your spirits. Sometimes I find that music hits the right spot. Select music that fills you with joy, that brightens you up. Then combine this music with something you don’t particularly like doing. It might help, especially if you can sing, or hum, along to the music. I find it gives me a real boost.
- Visualise how you want to feel throughout the day. Don’t save your favourite clothes for special occasions. Wear something nice every day, a colour that lifts you. Or a fabric that feels good next to your skin. Something that you feel good about yourself in. Spray on your favourite perfume, put on a little make-up, book up for a haircut. These little touches that can make all the difference to how you feel that day.
- Creativity. Squeeze out a few moments, some time you can spare, to be creative during your day.
- Play. Pick something different to try out. Stretch yourself, find something that makes you laugh. And experience these times as if you were a child. Throw yourself wholeheartedly into it!
- Beauty – search out the beauty in your life. It could be art, music, or anything from nature. Find something that inspires and fills you with awe and wonder.
If you count your blessings and appreciate the good things in your life, you often realise that you have a lot going for you. And when I think of it, there are plenty of these blessings in my life! I often reflect on what has gone well for me at the end of each day, and I really do feel grateful for all the things I am thankful for. Gratitude is an antidote for worry.
Be kind to yourself as well as others. Practice acts of kindness and think about what you can do to help other people. You could do someone else a favour without expecting anything in return. Go on, make their day!
Don’t forget to let me know what you do in order to look after yourself. Read more of my Monday blogs HERE.