Goals 2020 – Fitness & Health
Still on the 2020 Resolutions theme, I thought it would be helpful to share with you some of my goals as a way of helping you to think about yours.
Fitness & Health
One of my goals for 2020 is around improving my fitness and health. I want to focus on looking after myself, on creating an energetic, healthy pain free 2020 and beyond. In this wonderful location here at Bowerland, in the heart of beautiful Dartmoor, it should be pretty straight forward – wouldn’t you think?
In order to manage the goal, first of all I split it down into individual areas of focus; Diet, Fitness, Mind & Spirit, and finally, last but not least, Health. Then I dived down into each section in order to achieve more tangible action points. Here is what it looks like:
- Cut down on bread
- Eat more veggie dishes
- Drink more Bowerland natural spring water
- Drink less wine
- Take more walks; both short walks and long walks
- Find a dance instructor, go for dance lessons or group dancing
- Get back into Yoga and start to practice on a daily basis
Mind & Spirit
- Ensure I carry out a daily meditation – I currently use the Calm app, but thinking about including Headspace
- Book in rest & relaxation time each and every day
- Find ways to combat stress
- Book in a health MOT
- Listen to my body’s symptoms and respond accordingly (mmm, this may be more difficult)!
- Keep on top of any health related issues, don’t let things fester, sort them out
- Spend more time outside in the fresh air, be that in the lovely Dartmoor countryside or even better, take a trip to the seaside
In order to fulfill any of the above action points I am aware that I need to plan and prepare. I don’t know about you but even with the best will in the world I find it so easy to skip over any personal goals and tasks I have set myself in the pursuit of helping others. That is why, for me, I need to not only write these action points down, and make them into lists and stick to them. But also I need to actually put them into my daily task list, plan them in my actual diary as an action that I need to do for that day. Otherwise it will all get overlooked for more ‘important’ tasks.
I guess what I really need to do is to change my usual default habits regarding looking after me, and that can be done, of course it can. But I find myself slipping back into old ways, and pushing aside any of my personal goals in order to fulfil what I perceive as more important tasks. What was I thinking!! At what point in my life did I assume I would look after myself? Perhaps when I get older – and what age is older these days? What do you think?
The time has come, the time is now, and it can’t be put off any longer. From now on I am going to focus on me! There I’ve said it, all I need to do now is to stick to it, to change my habits of a lifetime and put my goals first and foremost.
What about you? Can you share with me any of your short term, or long term goals? By sharing them you may actually go onto fulfil them. Have you started yet, or are you still in the planning phase? It would be great to hear from you, or even better, spend some time here at Bowerland, take a short break and make sure you focus on you for a change!
Read more of my Monday Motivation blogs HERE.