This week’s image and recipe comes courtesy of tasty-lowcarb.com. Fishy treats are nutritious and easy to make. They can also be broken into smaller pieces and used as training rewards. We guarantee your dog will love them. The flour does add carbs, but dogs can tolerate the small amount since the batch makes so many small treats.
- 1 can Salmon 14.75 ounce
- 1 can Tuna in Water 7 ounce
- 4 Eggs beaten
- 2 cups Flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees. (180C)
- Combine the salmon and tuna in a medium bowl. No need to drain.
- Add the beaten eggs followed by the flour.
- Stir well to thoroughly combine.
- Spread evenly in a lightly greased 12 x 16 baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes and cool briefly.
- Cut into 1/2 inch squares and divide into 5 storage bags.
You can also check out more Tuesday Treat recipes HERE.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but recently moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.