Enhance Your Mood with Kindness & Gratitude
You know those times when life feels a bit flat? There’s nothing exciting on the horizon, and you feel you don’t have anything to look forward to? Perhaps you feel bored, and a bit low? Nothing quite you can put your finger on, but you feel just a little bit out of sorts?
One of the most common things we do is put ourselves down by thinking we aren’t good enough. This can be self defeating, and really no good for us, especially at times when we already feel low. So don’t put yourself down by thinking that you are not good enough – you are! The way that I get over difficult times is to call upon a few tried and tested methods to help boost my mood.
Take a look below and see if any of my tips work for you:
- Take stock of where you are at this moment in your life.
- Remember the things that make you feel good. Also be mindful of the things that have the opposite effect.
- Be aware of anything that lifts your spirits. Sometimes I find that music hits the right spot. Select music that fills you with joy, that brightens you up. Then combine this music with something you don’t particularly like doing. It might help, especially if you can sing, or hum, along to the music. I find it gives me a real boost.
- Picture how you want to look and feel throughout the day. Don’t save your favourite clothes for special occasions. Wear something nice every day, a colour that lifts you. Or a fabric that feels good next to your skin. Something that you feel good about yourself in. Spray on your favourite perfume, put on a little make-up, book up for a haircut. These little touches that can make all the difference to how you feel that day.
- Be Creative. Squeeze out a few moments, some time you can spare, to be creative during your day.
- Make time to play. Pick something different to try out. Stretch yourself, find something that makes you laugh. And experience these times as if you were a child. Throw yourself wholeheartedly into it!
- Search out the beauty in your life. It could be art, music, or anything from nature. Find something that inspires and fills you with awe and wonder.
Enhancing your Mood
The really important thing to remember is that you want to enhance your mood, you don’t want to stay in the doldrums. You can help yourself by remembering the good times and the good feelings you have had in the past. You can make sure you enjoy your present happy moments to the full, make sure you especially savour those joyful moments. It is always good as well to anticipate future events that you are really looking forward to.
If you count your blessings and appreciate the good things in your life, you often realise that you have a lot going for you. And when I think of it, there are plenty of these blessings in my life! I often reflect on what has gone well for me at the end of each day, and I really do feel grateful for all the things I am thankful for. Gratitude is the antidote for worry.
Kindness in our thinking and perceptions is a great boost to the collective well-being of humanity. Practice this along with acts of kindness.
Be kind to yourself as well as others. Practice acts of kindness and think about what you can do to help other people. You could do someone else a favour without expecting anything in return. Go on, make their day!
Check out more of my Monday Motivation Blogs HERE. Follow me on my path of Self-Care. And don’t forget to let me know what you do in order to look after yourself.