Energy Booster Biscuits by Kelly Murrell
Are you and your dog heading out for a long walk? This week’s energy booster biscuits recipe is a great homemade snack for your dog to enjoy on a long hike, while boosting their energy at the same time!
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups of oats (soak oats for 24 hours beforehand so they take on some moisture)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 banana
- Pre-heat oven to 400 Fahrenheit
- Mix the peanut butter and egg together, then mash in the banana and mix thoroughly again.
- Add in the flour and the oats and using your hands combine into a wet dough. The consistency should be sticky.
- Add some parchment paper to a large baking sheet.
- Roll the dough out on the baking sheet – you will need to use some flour on the rolling pin to stop the dough from sticking to it.
- Once rolled out flat, about 1/4 inch thick, use a pizza cutter to score lines to create your biscuit shapes.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After the 30 mins is up, turn off the oven and leave in there for a further 30 minutes to allow them to dry out a little.