Energy Biscuits by Kelly Murrell
Are you and your dog heading out for a long walk? This week’s energy biscuits recipe is a great homemade snack you to take for your dog to enjoy while you enjoy your hike, boosting their energy at the same time!
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups of oats (soak oats for 24 hours beforehand so they take on some moisture)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 banana
- Pre-heat oven to 400 Fahrenheit
- Mix the peanut butter and egg together, then mash in the banana and mix thoroughly again.
- Add in the flour and the oats and using your hands combine into a wet dough. The consistency should be sticky.
- Add some parchment paper to a large baking sheet.
- Roll the dough out on the baking sheet – you will need to use some flour on the rolling pin to stop the dough from sticking to it.
- Once rolled out flat, about 1/4 inch thick, use a pizza cutter to score lines to create your biscuit shapes.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After the 30 mins is up, turn off the oven and leave in there for a further 30 minutes to allow them to dry out a little.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.