Easy Ways to Better Health
How do you rate your health? What is your lifestyle like? What about your diet? And how often do you exercise? These are all really important questions we should be asking ourselves on a regular basis.
But good health isn’t only about healthy eating and exercise — there are many other important points to take into consideration. A healthy lifestyle is also about having a positive attitude, and a positive self-image, which ultimately leads to a healthier life.
Here are my top tips for easy ways to gain better health:
- Eat a mediterranean diet with plenty of variety – make sure you choose lots of different colour fruits and vegetables.
- Drink more water. Most of us don’t drink enough water on a regular basis and water is essential for our bodies to function properly, and also drinking water helps us to lose weight.
- Make sure you go outside in the fresh air each day for at least 15 minutes, more if you can make it. We all need sunlight to give us sufficient levels of vitamin D.
- Ensure you have a good night’s sleep, as lack of sleep causes premature aging and leads to tiredness during the day, and lack of energy.
- Exercise in whichever way you enjoy. Choose what works best for you.
- Maintain positive mental health. Let go of any negative people or situations in your life that may be bringing you down. You don’t need toxic people or situations in your life. If you feel that a friend is overly critical or negative, let him/her go.
- Let go of negative thoughts that keep popping into your head. Listen to the thoughts that come up and get rid of the negative ones by writing them down and exploring the reasons behind them. Ask yourself what is making you feel this way. Dig deep until you get to the root cause… you may be surprised at what comes up!
- Live a life of meaning and purpose. Find out your specific purpose in life.
- Learn to love yourself, after all, self-love is one of the best things you can do for yourself. You will find you have more self-confidence, have more self-worth and generally be more positive and upbeat. You will be happier and learn how to take best care of yourself. Also you will stop making comparisons and not worry about others opinions.
I hope these tips help you to discover better health and happiness
Read more of my Monday Motivation blogs HERE.