Easy Steps to Healthy Eating by Carole Langman
Eating a healthy, balanced diet is crucial if you want to maintain good health. This means eating a wide variety of foods in the right amounts, at the right times to provide energy and nutrients for our bodies to function. Healthy eating is all about feeding your body, and of course your brain, and within that, nourishing yourself.
If you haven’t eaten enough, you won’t have any energy. You will feel lethargic and despondent. And if you eat the wrong sorts of things, such as too much caffeine and sugar, too many carbs etc, it will create havoc with your internal systems. Try to focus on feeding your body and mind with the right types of healthy meals in order to maximise the benefits. You will feel so much better if you take ownership of your nutrition! It is really all about choice – making sure you make the right choices. It is up to you. You are the one that decides.
Easy Tips to make it simple:
- Eat unprocessed foods – and try not to give in to junk/fast foods.
- Plan ahead – don’t let yourself get too hungry as you may be likely to choose something quick and unhealthy.
- Write up a weekly menu with one big shopping list.
- Keep a record in your Vitality Journal.
- Look at your patterns of eating and focus on areas where you want to improve, for example, eating between meals
- When you do decide to eat something indulgent – make sure you really enjoy it. Plan it in and treat yourself on occasions.
- Use up more energy than what you take in.
If you make good choices most of the time you will develop a really healthy way of eating. Many people find eating little and often helps them manage their blood sugar levels. Work out what is best for you. But above all, make sure you ENJOY your food!
Check out more of my Monday Motivation Blogs HERE. Follow me on my path of Self-Care. And don’t forget to let me know what you do in order to look after yourself. Next week we will talk about Daily Micro moments you can put into place to better care for yourself.