Dog Friendly Woolacombe
Start and finish: Marine Drive Car Park, Woolacombe (Map)
Just over an hour’s drive from Bowerland, this route circles around the picturesque beach of Woolacombe on the North Devon coast. We’re ranking it moderate difficulty due to some of the dune climbing involved. In total the walk should take roughly 30-40 minutes to complete.
- We’ll be starting from the Marine Drive car park, right next to the beach in central Woolacombe.
- From there you’ll need to head onto the sand dunes, dropping down until you reach the National Trust dog bin and bench, before heading along the South West Coast path.
- When you reach a large waymark post turn right down a track.
- Continue down and when you reach a junction in the sand dunes head to the right and descend through further dunes until you reach the beach, before turning right towards Mill Rock.
- After you reach Mill Rock you’ll need to climb up a gap in the dunes which should take you back to your starting point at the car park.
There is loads to do and see in Woolacombe, so why not take some time to walk around enjoy the sights, and maybe pick up some well-deserved fish and chips after your walk?
Read more Wednesday Walks HERE.