Your Self-Care Journey – Daily Micro Moments
Create your Daily Micro Moments
Give yourself the power of positive psychology to better care for yourself. Make sure you incorporate something every day, think of it as your daily micro moments. These could include anything in the following categories:
- Rest and Relaxation.
- Movement and Exercise.
- Your Environment.
- People around you and how you connect with them.
- Anything that lifts your Mood and offers ways of coping.
- Setting of Goals and Target Achievements.
- Being aware of what Your Values and Purpose is in Life.
Make a Personal Self-Care Journal
- Think about taking small incremental steps.
- Start with your goals – could include any commitments you want to make regarding any of the above points. Or perhaps one in each of the categories?
- Write about what inspires you.
- Think about your self-care tool-kit and methods you choose to follow.
- Start off small, don’t take on too much to begin with.
- Choose one goal to work on and stick to it until it is part of your daily life.
Habit is strengthened by constant repetition
- Look at how you can overcome lack of sustainability and will power
- Try to become more organised
- Connect with what is really important in your life
- Top up your energy bank with restorative activities such as relaxation, being out in the fresh air, etc
- Make sure you get a good night’s sleep – most important!
Check out more of my Monday Motivation Blogs HERE. Follow me on my path of Self-Care. And don’t forget to let me know what you do in order to look after yourself. Next week we will talk about Daily Micro moments you can put into place to better care for yourself.
About the Author: Carole Langman works behind the scenes at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs as the Business Manager. Her office is always a hive of activity, and with the vast amounts of work Carole has, we never really know how she gets through it all! To unwind, she loves gardening, hikes around Bowerland, travelling and writing.