Crunchy Courgette Treats by Kelly Murrell
If you are looking for a homemade dog treat recipe that is lower in fat, how about adding things like carrot, courgette (zucchini) pumpkin and spinach into the mix! Here’s this week’s recipe:
Ingredients for crunchy courgette treats:
- 1 cup blended pumpkin or tinned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 carrot; grated
- 1 grated courgette (zucchini)
- 1 cup finely chopped baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In large bowl mix the pumpkin and eggs until completely combined.
- Next, add in the flour to the pumpkin/egg mix. Do this gradually, adding some, mixing then adding more.
- Next add in the carrot, spinach and courgette. Mix until well combined. You are looking for a dough like consistency that you can roll out, so add more flour is the mix is too wet.
- Roll dough out onto a floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut the dough and then place the treats onto the baking tray
- Bake in the oven until cookies have turned golden brown, approx. 25 minutes