Things are starting to get a little festive, so why not treat your dog to some delicious homemade Cranberry Crunches!
Here’s what you need:
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. cinnamon Water, as needed
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease two baking sheets
- Pop the cranberries in a food blender and blitz
- Toss cranberries into a blender or food processor and chop.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Next add the blitzed cranberries, eggs, and, slowly, the water a little bit at a time.
- You are looking for a dough-like consistency.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface,
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to about ¼ inch thickness.
- Use cookie cutters and cut into desired shapes.
- Place the treats on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- At the end of baking, turn off the oven and allow the treats to cool in the oven for about three or four hours to make treats crunchy.
- Once the treats have completely cooled, pop them in an air tight container.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but recently moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.