Courgette Cookies by Kelly Murrell
If you are looking for a homemade dog treat recipe that is lower in fat, how about adding things like carrot, courgette (zucchini) and spinach into the mix! Here’s this week’s recipe:
- 1 cup blended pumpkin or tinned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 carrot; grated
- 1 grated courgette (zucchini)
- 1 cup baby spinach; finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In large bowl mix the pumpkin and eggs until completely combined.
- Next, add in the flour to the pumpkin/egg mix. Do this gradually, adding some, mixing then adding more.
- Next add in the carrot, spinach and courgette. Mix until well combined. You are looking for a dough like consistency that you can roll out, so add more flour is the mix is too wet.
- Roll dough out onto a floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut the dough and then place the treats onto the baking tray
- Bake in the oven until cookies have turned golden brown, approx. 25 minutes
We are always looking for new ideas, so please feel free to share your recipes too. We’d love to hear from you! Write to us HERE! Read more of our Tuesday Treat Recipes HERE. And see our Training Events Schedule HERE.