Clever Ways to Swing Your Mood
If you’re feeling low and fed up with the whole lockdown situation, now is the time to swing your mood. Lockdown number 3 has dragged us all down as we are still unable to meet up with friends and family and get back to our ‘normal’ life. Social interaction is very important and we’re just not getting our fulfilment of it at the moment. It is crucial that we recognise the impact that this is having on our mental health as it affects our quality of life, and we need to take steps now to swing it around.
Here are my top tips:
- Stay in the present – stay with what is in your life here and now. Don’t look backwards or fret about the future, but instead think about today, think about the here and now. Concentrate on what is going on right now and you’ll find that this will take up the majority of your time, your concentration and your focus.
- Turn your stress and worry into opportunities. When something comes into your view as being stressful, change your perspective to see it as a bit of a challenge, something to set your sights on. Make sure you plan what your going to do and that you get prepared. This will help you to find the motivation necessary for the challenges ahead.
- Stay active and find different ways to take regular exercise in whatever suits you best. Brisk walking, cycling, or an online aerobics workout. Consider trying out yoga, learning innovative ways to stretch, or weight bearing exercises that you can do from the comfort of your own home.
- Get plenty of sleep, rest and relaxation. Improve your sleep by sticking to a bedtime routine, and make sure you wind down before going to bed.
- Focus on ways you can self care, whether you live with others or on your own. Make sure you plan in regular time slots for things you enjoy doing, such as hobbies, that will help to recharge your batteries.
- Eat well by boosting your health and gaining more energy (more about this next week).
All in all, make sure you stay with what is in front of you. You can read more of my Monday Motivation Blogs HERE.