Carrot Cookies from Kelly’s Kitchen
Yummy! Does your dog love carrots? Lots do! Well, here’s a super duper recipe where carrots are the star of the show!
Ingredients for carrot cookies:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1/2 cup water
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the eggs, butter, carrots, water and molasses together in a large bowl.
- Next add in all of the dry ingredients and combine into a dough.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface
- Roll out to ¼ inch thickness and using a cookie cutter, create the cookies.
- Add the cookie shapes onto a tray that has been lined with baking parchment
- Bake in the oven for around 30 mins, or until golden brown.
- Remove cookies from oven and pop onto a cooling rack.
- Using a sealed container, store the cookies in the fridge.
Read more of Kelly’s Tuesday Treat recipes HERE.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. Previously she worked in the Bowerland office, but moved to Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.