Butternut Squash Biscuits
In the theme of Early Harvest, or Lammas, this week’s butternut squash recipe is sure to delight your canine companions!
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 cup butternut squash
- 1 Banana
- 2 eggs
How to Make:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Peel, remove seeds and chop butternut squash into 1cm cubes.
- Place on baking tray, cover with foil and roast for 30 – 40 minutes until very tender and allow to cool at room temperature.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, then add banana and cooked butternut squash.
- Using a potato masher, break up banana and squash until mixture is thoroughly combined and mash-like
- Add the flour gradually and stir to combine.
- Once all the flour has been added, use your hands to create a dough and then form a ball and wrap in some clingfilm and pop in the fridge for 30 minutes
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1 inch thickness
- Using a cookie cutter, create the biscuits and lay onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown
We are always looking for new ideas! So feel free to share your recipes too; we’d love to hear from you! Write to us HERE! Check out more of our Tuesday Treats recipes HERE. And see our Training Events Schedule HERE.
About the Author: Kelly helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. Previously she worked in the office here at East Bowerland Farm, but moved to Canada with her husband and dogs. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Bowerland, Devon Dogs and Progressive Paws.