Do you have that magic ingredient, confidence?
Do you feel confident in life? If so, you find yourself aiming for the stars, but without it, opportunities that come your way tend to fizzle out like a damp squib. But did you know that confidence is a skill that can be learnt? You don’t have to be one of the fortunate ones that seem to be born with it, you can develop it in life.
Confidence can feel like a magic ingredient, as confidence changes everything. With it you can accomplish anything, but without it you feel you can’t achieve even the simplest of ambitions. It can be like a snowball effect, confidence breeds even more confidence. If we doubt ourselves, we tend to over think and our confidence can just drain away.
Here are some steps you can take to build your confidence.
- Know your worth, and put yourself high on the agenda, think about what makes you happy
- Dress in clothes that you feel good in, get a good haircut, have your nails done, feel your best
- Act confident, even if you don’t feel it. Fake it till you make it!
- Don’t over apologise if you feel you have done something wrong
- Name your inner fear, give it a personality of its own – Scaredy Cat – Moaning Minnie – Timid Tiptoes, etc
- Step out of your comfort zone, even if you think you may fail
- Don’t wait until you are sure of success, do the things you wish you were confident of doing, just go for it!
Most importantly, set yourself a goal and practise being confident. Let go of your criticisms and make sure you keep a diary so that you can learn from any setbacks along the way. Let go of the past, and the ways you have learnt that don’t support you any longer. Become the new confident you and simply move on to greater things!
I hope you find these tips helpful. It would be good to hear what you think about my ideas, and anything else you have come up with. Tell me what you think by posting your comments below. Why don’t you Share this with your friends and family by clicking the Facebook icon or following us on Twitter?
About the Author: Carole Langman works behind the scenes at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs as the Business Manager. Her office is always a hive of activity, and with the vast amounts of work Carole has, we never really know how she gets through it all! To unwind, she loves gardening, hikes around Bowerland, travelling and writing.