Broadsands to Churston Ferrers
This is a lovely 6.5 mile dog friendly walk that crosses both town and country from Broadsands to Churston Ferrers and back. Make sure you check the tide times before setting off as the path takes you across the beach at Galmpton Creek. Takes about an hour driving from Bowerland (Directions).
Start your walk from Broadsands Car Park
- Follow the footpath around the woodland southwards to Broadsands Road.
- Keep on this road, going beneath the railway line, until you come to the footpath on the left.
- Take the footpath down to Bascombe Road and when you reach it, carry on for a few yards to your right.
- Then turn left onto the path, to the A3022. Turn left here, and then right onto Slade Lane, and keep on to the end of that road.
- At this point take a turn to the right then right again for a few yards, to bear left onto Stoke Gabriel Road.
- Fork left onto Kiln Road, and walk down to Dartside Quay.
- Take the lane to the left, around the quay and past the boatyard, to travel uphill.
- Ignoring the turning to the left, take the footpath down to Galmpton creek, following it over the beach to the lime kiln.
- When you reach the lime kiln the path turns inland and travels up through two fields. You will pass between the farm buildings and onto the lane beyond.
- Cross the lane, and pick up the footpath on the other side, forking right in the woods, towards Greenway.
- Follow the signs down to Greenway and to the ferry.
- Follow the path around the fields and along the ancient green track, onto the road beyond.
- Turn right at the footpath with a sign to Greenway Barton and take the footpath left a little way beyond.
- From here, take the next permissive path, straight on towards Churston Ferrers to walk to the A379.
- Cross the road and pick up the path opposite, bearing left to follow the path to Alston Lane and onto the A3022.
- Cross this road, onto Churston Road opposite, then take Church Road, on the left a little way beyond.
- At the end of this lane, a footpath leads past the golf course and onto Churston Point.
- Turn left around the point and on to the promenade at the end, to return to the car park.