Boscastle Harbour Walk
Start & Finish: Boscastle Car Park, Boscastle, Cornwall, PL35 OHE (Google Map)
Only a 45 minute drive away from Bowerland you’ll find the scenic village of Boscastle – a tiny port with a beautiful natural harbour. Boscastle is set in a narrow ravine and boasts some very attractive thatches and white-washed cottages.
Following the footpath to the left of the quayside will take you to the Lookout, one of the most wonderful vantage points from which to see the rugged coastline. This 1 mile, dog friendly walk allows you to take in the river, the ancient harbour, and the famous blow hole, as well as a pottery and several local gift shops and sites of interest. There are magnificent sea and coastal views, and lots of interesting wildlife.
- Start at the Boscastle car park and follow the footpath alongside the river until you reach the end of the car park nearest the village.
- Turn left out of the car park onto the pavement and follow the path around past a cluster of shops on your left.
- Cross over the road onto a private road belonging to the National Trust.
- Follow this road along the course of the river and cross over the first bridge on your left.
- Turn right after the bridge and follow the road to the harbour.
- Take the stone steps leading up to the coast path across some rocks, please take care on the rocks.
- On top of the steps there is a good view of the harbour, blow hole (at low tide), the old Victorian pool and remains of shellfish tanks.
- Return down the steps the way you came and back past the bridge.
- Keep going alongside the river to the main road.
- Cross over the main road and follow the pavement back to the car park.
Read more of our Wednesday Walks HERE.