BOOST Your Energy in time for Christmas!
Life can be busy at this time of year, what with all the rushing around we have to do, organising presents, food and events, as we all get ready for the festive season. How are you feeling at the moment? How are your energy levels holding up? Are you totally up for it and raring to go? Christmas all prepared, presents wrapped, cards posted, food planned, in fact every last detail organised? Or are you like me, have you not even started yet? Energy levels low, tired all the time and suffering from the winter blues?
Here are my top tips to boost your energy levels and get you all fired up!
- Check out your health situation, especially if you are feeling tired. If your thyroid is under-active, your metabolic rate will be low so get it checked. Ask you GP to check out your blood levels for signs of anaemia due to iron deficiency, and lack of vitamins and minerals. Organise a health MOT – to make sure you are fighting fit and any health issues identified and dealt with.
- What about your mental health – are you struggling with seasonal affective disorder, or you simply just don’t go for the whole Christmas thing? According to a survey by the American Psychological Association 38% of people said their stress level increases during the Christmas holidays. This is a great time to find what does bring you joy. Try identifying a few of your core values and start to build some traditions around them
- Eat well, avoid processed or junk food, drink more water and cut down on caffeinated drinks
- Try to get out and about in the fresh air, and have some sort of exercise. A brisk walk on a Winter’s morning can blow away the cobwebs.
- Alternatively, curl up on the sofa with a good book, light the fire, have an early evening and spoil yourself
Enjoy the shortest days of the year, this is a time of reflection, or even hibernation. A time to take stock, take care, and look after you!
I hope you find these tips helpful. Read more of my Monday Motivation blogs HERE.