Simple Steps to a Better You!
Have you ever wanted to be a better person, a better you? Have you thought about in what way you would like to be better? Well, believe it or not there are some simple steps you can take to find out.
First and foremost, it is all about the choices you make! One of the first things you can start to focus on is to look at what you want to achieve. And here are some useful thoughts and tips to guide you:
- Decide what it is you want to be better at.
- Start by writing down your current position as it stands today.
• What is the thing that bothers you the most.
• Do you feel bored and fed up.
• Is there someone, or some problem that is really annoying you?
• Are things difficult for you at the moment?
• Are you overwhelmed/underwhelmed with your life?
• Is there a time limit in which to sort it out?
- Take a look at what needs changing.
• Is it someone’s attitude to you?
• Is it the place you live in, or work in?
• Is it a time pressure?
• Do you want someone to change something they are doing?
- Now go back to question 1 and this time think of what you can do to change the things that are bothering you, i.e.
• To be better at saying no, or better at saying yes.
• Or perhaps to be better at taking time for yourself,
• And better at saying what it is you want.
If you are able to identify the challenges and specific changes you want to make, you can start to make real choices in your life. But keep asking yourself the questions – why is this specific issue so important to you? And start to examine any past experiences that might help you to identify times when you have done these things well. It will all fall into place. Just give it a go – be brave and try it out for yourself!! And you can read more of my Monday Motivation blogs HERE.
I hope you find these tips helpful. It would be good to hear what you think about my ideas, and anything else you have come up with. Tell me what you think by posting your comments below. Why don’t you Share this with your friends and family by clicking the Facebook icon or following us on Twitter?
About the Author: Carole Langman works behind the scenes at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs as the Business Manager. Her office is always a hive of activity, and with the vast amounts of work Carole has, we never really know how she gets through it all! To unwind, she loves gardening, hikes around Bowerland, travelling and writing.