- Ask yourself: does your dog REALLY know what is being asked of them?
- If you are seeing some failure, take it as feedback, take it onboard and make a plan.
- Acknowledge that maybe you moved things on too fast, but don’t beat yourself up about it!
- Don’t guilt trip yourself!
- Look at it this way; if you always feel warm, fuzzy and comfortable when your training your dog, it is likely that you aren’t moving forward.
- So, some failure isn’t bad, but be fair to your dog and know that you just need to build the skill more and maybe re-visit grassroots level.
- Going back over something isn’t going backwards!
Visit our website for more info on ways we can help: www.devondogs.co.uk or email email@example.com if you have any questions. If you’d like to combine a holiday with dog training, check out our training packages HERE. We can also give you a Skype 121 if you live a long way from Bowerland.
Check out more of our Thursday training blogs HERE.