Barking Mad Banana Bread by Kelly Murrell
Barking Mad Banana Bread can be cut up into small pieces to use for training treats, chopped up into larger pieces for a bedtime treat – or any other part of the day – or you can use the recipe as a cake recipe for that special birthday and add cream cheese to the top for decoration.
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 bananas, mashed up into a paste with a fork
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- ½ cup of almond milk (or something similar)
- Preheat the oven to 325 Fahrenheit
- Pre-grease a loaf tin with a little vegetable oil
- In one bowl add the dry ingredients and mix well together
- In another bowl add the mashed banana, egg, honey and almond milk and using a whisk blend together until fully combined
- Gradually pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Pouring a bit at a time, then mix, then add more, then mix, until fully combined
- Add the mixture to the loaf tin and using a spatula, spread the mixture evenly in the tin so that the top is flat
- Bake in the oven for 45 mins
- To check if the loaf is cooked, using a knife poke the loaf and if the knife comes out clean, the loaf is cooked through
- Remove the loaf from the tin and allow to cool on a cooling rack
We are always looking for new ideas, so please feel free to share your recipes too. We’d love to hear from you! Write to us HERE! Check out more of our Tuesday Treats recipes HERE. And see our Training Events Schedule HERE.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.