Walk from Bantham to Thurlestone
This week’s Wednesday Walk is in South Devon, taking you through some lush coastline from Bantham to Thurlestone. At 3.5 miles in length it should take you 1-2 hours.
- To begin, head to Bantham beach car park.
- Once you’re ready to set off follow the main track from the car park.
- This will take you past a lifeguards’ hut and a gate and onto a coast path.
- Stay on the path as it brings you towards Thurlestone.
- Head past the gold course and past Broad Sands and Yarmouth Sands.
- Eventually you will reach Leasfoot Sands, after which you need to turn left by the beach safety sign.
- Head past the golf clubhouse and take the left turning onto the road towards Thurlestone.
- When you reach the war memorial you can optionally keep going to reach some local facilities for refreshments.
- When you’re ready to continue, head back to the war memorial and take the track signposted “Public Footpath Bantham 3/4 mile.
- When you reach a church cross over the stone stile beyond it and stay on the way-marked path as it takes you across some fields before heading steeply down to the valley bottom.
- When you reach a stile with a large granite base, head diagonally across the left field and across another stile into Bantham.
- When you reach the Sloop Inn, turn left and follow the road back to the car park you started from.
Read more Wednesday Walks HERE.
About the Author: Chris Green manages the office at Bowerland Cottage Holidays and Devon Dogs, using his technical expertise to assist wherever needed. In his spare time he likes playing guitar and bass, and hiking around Dartmoor.