Autumn Walk at Parke
Home Farm, Parke, Bovey Tracey, Newton Abbot, Devon TQ13 9JQ (Map)
Discover the richness of Autumn at Parke, near Bovey Tracey during this moderate, 3 mile, dog friendly walk. A varied estate with meadows, woodlands and parkland, providing a spectacular display of autumn colour and an array of fruits and fungi to look out for. Whatever the season, this woodland walk is a beautiful amble. The trees turn copper on a lovely Autumnal walk and don’t forget a pair of wellies for wading and squelching through mud.
- From the car park walk down the tarmac track past the information board, sign-posted to National Trust Dartmoor Office.
- On your left you’ll see a walled garden. Take a peek through the round holes in the doors and then go on to explore the orchard.
- See how many different types of fruit and vegetables you can spot.
- Continue past the offices on your right and along the path.
- Walk over Parke Bridge.
- Turn left and follow the signs for riverside walks through the field into woodland, then on a raised wooden walkway to the river.
- Continue past the medieval weir and head further up the river.
- Take a left, crossing the River Bovey, and left again into Blackmoor Copse.
- Take a left and admire the views to the left of Bovey Valley.
- Continue through woodland, keeping a look out for beech nuts and conkers.
- Turn right on to the estate track.
- Continue past the offices on your left, and then back up the tarmac track to the car park.
Read more of our Wednesday Walks HERE.