Apple Sweet Potato Dog Treats
For dogs with a sweet tooth, this week’s Apple & Sweet Potato Treats recipe from allrecipes.com. They are incredibly easy to make and your dog will love them!
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prick sweet potato several times with a fork.
- Heat sweet potato in a microwave on high until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Cut potato in half and scoop flesh out of the skin into a bowl; discard skin.
- Mash potato with a fork or potato masher and transfer about 1 cup to a large bowl.
- Save any remaining sweet potato for another use.
- Mix whole wheat flour, applesauce, and eggs in the large bowl with the sweet potato until a dough forms.
- Turn dough out on a well-floured surface and roll dough to about 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut out shapes using a cookie cutter or cut dough into strips with a pizza cutter.
- Arrange cookies on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until crisp, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Check out more of our Tuesday Treat recipes HERE.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but recently moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs, Bowerland and Progressive Paws.