If you’re lucky enough to have an apple tree in your garden you are probably wondering what to do with all the apples right now! If you don’t then this is an easy recipe that you can treat your dog to with shop bought apples!
What you’ll need:
- No really, that’s it!
How to Prepare:
- Peel, core and half the apples.
- Then thinly slice, as thin as you can go. A mandolin is useful for this is you have one.
Turning them Crunchy:
- If you have a dehydrator, spread the apple pieces out on the trays and dehydrate for 12 hours approx.
- For oven baking, spread out on a parchment lined baking tray and bake on a VERY low heat until the pieces have dried out.
- The apples should be crunchy and break easily when they are ready.
Read more of our Tuesday recipes HERE.
About the Author: Kelly Murrell helps out with some of the work in the office at Devon Dogs, particularly with marketing and advertising. She used to work in the office at East Bowerland Farm, but recently moved to Vancouver Island, Canada with her husband. She is an avid dog trainer and regularly posts dog training tips for Devon Dogs and Bowerland.