Abbotsham and Westward Ho! Walk
Start/Finish: Kipling Tors Car Park, Westward Ho! EX39 1SY (Map)
Just under an hour away from us here at Bowerland, you will find this beautiful coastal circular 5.5 mile walk, taking in Abbotsham and Westward Ho! This Devon walk explores the South West Coast Path to the west of Westward Ho!
- From the car park follow the public footpath up through the holiday park. At top of holiday park take gate straight ahead and follow footpath left.
- At the top, cross at the path junction and continue along the path between the housing. Turn right at the road, ignoring the right turn into Highcliffe Park, and follow lane straight on.
- Once at the T-junction, turn left, signed ‘Abbotsham 3⁄4’, then take the green lane 40m on the right.
- Bear left at the road, and continue into Abbotsham.
- At the T-junction in the village turn right opposite Vicarage Close.
- Turn right at next junction, signed for Clovelly and Bude. After 100m turn right into the lane signed for Greencliff.
- After 600m turn right, signed for Greencliff.
- You’ll reach a sharp left hand bend after a further 700m, go straight on down Greencliff Farm drive, signed ‘to Public Footpath’. After 100m, turn right through the gate onto public footpath. Follow footpath down through a plantation of young trees.
- At the fingerpost, turn right over footbridge onto Coast Path, signed ‘Westward Ho! 2 1⁄2m’. Follow coast path along the cliffs back to the car park.
Please maintain social distancing by keeping at least 2 metres away from other walkers.