Kinever Valley to Bennett’s Mouth Walk
Start and finish: Mortehoe Station Rd, Mortehoe, Woolacombe EX34 7DX (Maps)
This 3 mile moderate walk is only 1 hr 20 minutes away from us here at Bowerland. Starting in the village of Mortehoe, follow the road as it leads you out into the countryside down a hidden wooded valley and finishing at a secret cove by the sea.
- From the village car park walk down the road next to the village post office, North Morte Road, until you reach a gate saying Bull Point Lighthouse.
- Go through the gate and follow the lane as it winds its way towards the coast.
- After about half a mile, there’s a footpath off to your right signed Bennett’s Mouth and Lee.
- Take this path as it heads down hill into Kinever valley.
- Follow the stream as it winds its way towards the sea.
- Go through a pedestrian gate and carry on all the way until you reach Bennett’s Mouth.
- At Bennett’s Mouth take the coast path to your left as it heads up hill towards Bull Point lighthouse.
- When you reach the lighthouse follow the tarmaced lane all the way back until you arrive at Mortehoe.